Friday, February 20, 2009

Some very pink crafts

I'm taking a quilting class, so I thought I'd make myself a new pincushion. My old one is very lame, just part of the sleeve of a felted sweater sewn into a little pillow. Totally functional, but not cute at all. I followed these directions to make a much cuter one.
My aunt gave me some quilting fabric for my class. I used some charm squares for the pincushion. What are you supposed to do with charm squares? They seem too small to make any kind of quilt.


Then I made a zippered pouch. I'd made a lunch bag out of the puppy fabric to give to that aunt. I thought it looked so cute with the checkered fabric that I put them together again. I've started some appliqued pouches that are going to look much cooler.
The pixel bow barrette was supposed to be to sell on Etsy, but the glue looks really messy. That's alright, since I wanted to keep one anyway. I made it ages ago but I just got the clips for the back.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I wanted to say that I got the FQ from you for the Sew Mama Sew FQ swap. THANK YOU so much! It is adorable! I hope mine to you will be arriving soon, if it is not already there!

    Angi
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/PeakmoreAcademy

    ReplyDelete