Friday, March 27, 2009

A person-sized quilt!

I took a beginners quilt class at Patches and Stitches. It's a quilting store right near my house. It's pretty neat, in a little old house. The class was pretty fun and I learned a lot more about quilting than I thought I would.

I'm almost done with it now, I just need to quilt and bind it. It's pretty small, like a little throw.



I'm really happy with how it turned out! I meant for it to be bigger, but I didn't plan right with the fabric. It's ok though. I had a hard time trying to decide what to use for the backing. Everything looked too dull compared to the front, so I used the bits of the colors from the front to make a stripe on the back.


I'm going over to my aunt's house to quilt it in the next couple days. My sewing machine gets kinda pitiful and grindy sounding when I sew over too many layers ^_^ (maybe I need to oil it).
The binding's going to be the same black dragonfly fabric from the front borders.
I totally can't wait to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment